Thursday, June 22, 2017

June 21st, 2017 - Happy First Day of Summer!

G&C Summer 2017
Blogpost 006
June 21

The report I bring to you who’ve chosen to read these little day-to-day conjoined journal entries (which I imagine might be similar to the diary of the Hensel sisters) will be a rather short. Not that this particular Odin’s day was uneventful compared to day’s past, on the contrary in fact! It’s just that after two rides under the paper-thin atmosphere of Wyoming (due to the heightened elevation) and the summer-sun above it, you tend to tire-out quicker than expected. We’re both utterly drained and would prefer to use the evening to relax, rather than recollect the events of things that just happened but mix in esoteric references and metaphor-based comedy interludes. So like a mall-Santa with vertigo taking the wrong escalator; let’s get rolling.
            Our first ride was an early morning walking ride which was just like other walking rides we’d had before except that all the riders were to meet at a central location to have cowboy breakfast and get their pictures taken by a professional. Everything was lovely. Moving on.
            When we’d gotten back to the ranch it was just past eleven-AM so we took a nap and awoke just in time for lunch. I know we’re on “vacation,” and whatnot, but it still feels uncomfortably hedonistic to so nonchalantly sleep in-between mealtimes. But then again isn’t that exactly what a vacation is for?
            After lunch we took to our second ride of the day this time with just Charlotte, Jim, a rancher, a ranch-guest whose name alludes me, and I. A loping-ride to be precise, which is very much like a walk-n-trot except that you go slightly faster yet you feels infinitely more enthralled. If a horse’s trot is equivalent to a jaunty, human-skip then a horse’s lope is more like a smooth jog. The animal’s motion is significantly easier on the bottom as the bouncing one experiences in the saddle is reduced and generally softer for you’re traveling with controlled momentum and it doesn’t help that you feel like you’re flying like Luke Skywalker when he hijacked a speeder bike on the forest-moon of Endor. Needless to say loping is the greatest thing since spice racks and we look forward to doing more.

            Any-who I’d say we’re both spent. Charlotte’s going to a Rodeo in town with her parents and Jim while I finish this up and end the night reading. We both appreciate that we can find comfortable enjoyment whilst engaged in separate activities away from each other’s company. Some temporary separation is healthy in any relationship for we know we’ll always come back. So as I write this I wish Chot a fun night at the cowboy-gladiator show (that’s what a rodeo is, right?) as I thumb through the middle-section of Shūsaku Endō’s Silence and listening to Benjamin Britten. Ai-ight, i'm outtie, PEACE!








No comments:

Post a Comment